Thursday, July 28, 2011

Slow down, you crazy child

As a part of what became my daily ritual, I was stumbling upon some great websites, pictures, music, information, etc. until a site called Lyrics To Live By.  This website posts small sections of lyrics of songs that we can think about, memorize to sing along, or simply enjoy.  The author says, "I dig music, enjoy." If I spend some time browsing the entries on this site, I think I would find great music and lyrics, and become a crazy fan in no time.

One of the entries featured Billy Joel's "Vienna".
Lyrics to live by #303: "It's alright, you can lose a day or two."
I have a few favorites of Billy Joel and "Vienna" didn't seem to stick out in my memory, so I assumed that it's a song that I haven't heard of.  As I always do, the next step was Youtubing "Vienna". Then I found out that it's a song that I have heard of, a song that I actually liked when watching the movie "13 Going on 30."

The lyrics of "Vienna" were touching a small part of deep inside my heart that as I was listening to the song, I was tearing up.  I imagined someone telling me those words. "Slow down, you crazy child....why are you still so afraid?....Where's the fire, what's the hurry about? You'd better cool it off before you burn it all. You've got so much to do and only so many hours in a day..."  It felt as if someone was telling me to slow down;  relax and don't feel rushed; don't try to accomplish everything right now, right here.  I guess I wanted to hear those words and needed them.

Just as the way I discovered this song, the lyrics of "Vienna" are lyrics to live by!

No comments:

Post a Comment