Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Rain rain, go away

Not in a cute, sing-songy way. Seriously rain, go away.

July 27, 2011 in Seoul.

It would be like Time Square in NY or Union Square in SF under water.
I used to drive on those roads! I cannot believe that those roads, cars, and buses are submerged hopelessly. I didn't think something like this would be possible.

What's more scary is that this is not only happening in Seoul, but also in other parts of the mountainous Korea; and that it's not only affecting cars and buildings, but also people.  A lot of people have gone missing already because of this crazy downpour, landslide and flooding. A group of college students on a retreat, people living in apartments below the ground level, people using subways and many more people have been affected by this (relatively mini-scale) natural disaster.

This is still happening as I type these words nearly 6000 miles away from the disaster.  I wish I could be there to help people get out of that mess and clean up their homes.  And hopefully there's no more casualties caused by the flooding and landslide!

No comments:

Post a Comment