Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Shawshank Redemption

Finally watched it!  As known in the film history, it was a great movie. I'd say it is one of the best movies I've seen.

In an Education class in college, we watched the scene where Red discusses what it is like to be institutionalized.  After that, I saw short clips of the movie whenever it was on tv or internet.  I'm glad I finally sat down to watch this gem.

I will definitely remember many scenes of this movie, but if I should ever need to choose one, I would pick the scene with the song "Letter Duet"from Mozart's The Marriage of Figaro:

"I have no idea to this day what those two Italian ladies were singing about. Truth is, I don't wanna know. Some things are best left unsaid.... I tell you those voices soared, higher and farther than anybody in a grey place dares to dream. It was like some beautiful bird flapped into our drab little cage and made these walls dissolve away, and for the briefest of moments, every last man in Shawshank felt free."


No comments:

Post a Comment