Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Midnight in Paris (2011)

This movie had me at the 3 minute intro.

I usually decide if I'm going to like a movie or not when I watch the trailers. When I watched the trailers for "Midnight for Paris," I decided that I'm going to like this movie (Well, mainly because it was set in Paris, a place I have always been wanting to visit since I was young). And I was right--from the very beginning.

What a great introduction!  I loved the combination of the scenes of Paris and the sound of soprano sax. (I've already done the research, and found out that the intro song is "Si tu vois ma mère" by Sidney Bechet. A new song to listen to on my way to work tomorrow morning!)


Traveling to the 20s in the movie reminded me of the "Paris in the 1920s" unit from my 11th grade English class. The writers, artists, and thinkers we studied and read about in that unit were all alive in the movie.  It was a very nice surprise! Cole Porter, Gertrude Stein, Hemingway, F. Scott Fitzgerald.. I wished I was in the movie.  Though, actually, the movie was so well done that experiencing interactions with these great artists in a movie was almost enough.

"Midnight in Paris" is definitely a keeper and I would recommend it to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment