Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Function of Music


Every morning, I drive 15 minutes to work.  I enjoy my short ride to work without any traffic.  And usually, it's right when the sun is rising or as soon as its risen so the sky is beautifully painted with several pastel colors.  But sometimes, I wish my commute was a little longer, just so I can listen to music a little longer and take in as much morning colors as I can.  I love listening to music (and/or singing) while driving.  It lets me enjoy the drive as is.  It helps me free my mind.  The combination of driving, music, and sunrise is just a great way to start a day!  Maybe, one of these days, I'll leave early and take a longer route to work so I can enjoy the beginning of my day with music that frees me from "the tyranny of conscious thought!"

No comments:

Post a Comment